PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
At Lash Tribe your privacy and that of your employees, colleagues and associates, is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Lash Tribe complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, the Australian Privacy Principles and our existing obligations of confidentiality.
This Privacy / Collection Statement explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
WHAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you or others associated with the issue you bring to our attention. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. name, address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others, the historical and current data provided by you, your views and other information obtained by us in connection with the matters you have referred to us. Personal information includes sensitive information.
WHAT SENSITIVE INFORMATION IS
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or an opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
- It includes personal information collected to provide a health service
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent. We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes.
If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles
WHO WILL BE COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Lash Tribe for its own use and on behalf of other professionals, who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your matters. Each time you visit our web site statistical data is collected. This data is not linked to a particular person and does not provide us with any personal information.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you log in or sign up to any of our landing pages, you talk to us on the phone or meet Julia and any of her staff in person.
Personal and sensitive information may also be collected when:
- we receive any reference or statement about you;
- we receive the results of any competency test or case studies;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal
- matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with instructions or information;
- we conduct work that you have requested; or
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED:
- Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- dealing with the matter you have raised with us;
- Answering your questions on Facebook, via messenger of Skype;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- other parties involved in Lash Tribe courses through the likes of:
- Facebook, Instagram and Skype.
- our Insurers and Lawyers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
IF YOU DO NOT GIVE US THE INFORMATION WE SEEK:
- we may be limited in our ability to get the best outcome to your training;
- we may be limited in our ability to help you in the training process and progress.
HOW DOES LASH TRIBE PROTECT THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerised databases which require a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access. All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company and customer information.
WHERE DOES LASH TRIBE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
Your files will be stored electronically in a cloud based Telstra/Microsoft product which is stored securely on Servers in Australia.
HOW YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION TO CORRECT IF IT’S WRONG:
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles (Principles 12 and 13 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Director via firstname.lastname@example.org
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
External sites that are linked to or from the Lash Tribe web site are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should note there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.